Wednesday, December 22, 2010

this betty crocker has given up on grammer

So I've been cooking...or more specifically, baking...

now keep in mind I have an eleven week old...child that is.

so this will not be extravagant...or exciting...

in fact, if you're into exciting...you may want to stop reading now...

<but please don't!  I love when people read my posts!  especially when they comment on them! -yay LISA & JESSICA!!!> 

as you can see I've given up on grammar...and to think I scored a perfect 36 on the literature section of my ACT...oh well...you know what they say..."if you don't use it you lose it"

I took my ACT before I moved to Mississippi...

...it really is like home & you know...there is no place like home (I poke fun but I do love my dear old Mississippi!)

moving on...

After a relaxing dinner trying desperately to console the aforementioned wailing eleven week old  and scarfing down stuffed flounder and a Yuengling, the hubbs and I hurried (seriously hurried) home to put said baby down to sleep.  (And Thank You Jesus it worked!)  

Hubby went out for an hour or two leaving me alone at last!  (We do love each other we just work together..."ahhhh I see-" you say.)  So I took advantage of my alone time to do one of my favorite things- cook! (or as I mentioned before...bake.)

<you see the grammar...its all so unclear now!>

Last night was gingerbread men (and women, and candy canes and trees, and stockings and...)


and wine...there is always wine...


and then the tasting...my previous recipe was very flour-y tasting (darn grammar again)... but these cookies- Oh Heavens!  they are divine...well pretty dang good anyway!  

Along the lines of grammar insecurity, I also have "unsure about copyright type things" insecurity.  However, I will tell you that I believe the key to my success here is with the 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp of fresh ground ginger.  Yep.  We love ginger.

by we I mean I.


The recipe is from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.  And I will add that true to form, she is a real pain in the "donkey" with this recipe as well- hence the fresh ground ginger.  However, I have very much enjoyed this cookbook and have made several delicious recipes from it (all P.I.D.s- pain in the "donkey"s but WELL WORTH IT) 

<and by donkey I mean ass...as in donkey of course...>

Tonight was the Cinnamon Sugared Pecans for baby Caleb's nursery teachers' Christmas gift- recipe courtesy of my Momma 


I honestly have no idea WHERE this recipe came from (other than Momma) so what they heck here it is:



Cinnamon Sugared Pecans
 1 Cup sugar + 1 tsp salt + 2 tsp cinnamon combined... set aside

1 egg white, beaten until frothy + 1 Tbsp water ... mixed well

4 Cups pecan halves

4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted

1-Add pecans to egg white & water mixture and stir until well coated.
2- Add sugar mixture and butter slowly to pecans.  Mix until well coated.
3- Spread on parchment covered cookie sheet separating nuts.
4- Bake at 300* for 25 minutes.  Stir occasionally.  Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking nuts apart.

Enjoy!



Tomorrow...hopefully decorating gingerbread cookies, making mini glazed gingerbread cakes and finishing Caleb's Christmas stocking!

Wish me luck!

...ohh, and as an addendum to my previous Dear Santa post...
all I REALLY want..
my baby boy in my arms!!!





and another bear...
or two...
My Momma brought him back from Switzerland!


Sweet little honey bears!

Sweet dreams!





2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! Your sweet baby couldn't be more adorable...and I wish I had some of those gingerbread men! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammar issues? I see none! This is a blog, not an english essay :) And you are doing a fab job! I talk while I type, so my posts tends to get very confusing...not to mention the fact that my train of thought seems to derail frequently! haha! Love all of the pictures you are taking!! :) Keep up the good work, Momma!

    ReplyDelete