Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gift Guide: MY "Dear Santa"

Now that Christmas is only a few days away and there is no possible way I could expect to get any of these for Christmas (unless Santa listens to old folk)  I will post my gift guide!

So hubby dear,
this is not a plea for presents. 
It is more like window shopping...
I promise...
really...

1) boots (Uggs- Classic Cardy) - because they look sooo cozy!



2)  built-ins for the living room - to have somewhere to store our books, "stuff" and of course the all-important TV!
from Better Homes & Gardens


3)  subscription for Garden & Gun magazine -yes there is such a thing!

4)  boots (Frye Shirley Riding boots) -because they are just sooo aristocratic- (I can just picture red wool coats, sweat slicked horses and hounds!)

5)  Kindle - because I'm beginning to get sick of the clutter but I just can't let go of my favorite books (even if they are just paperbacks)!

6)  cookbook- Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys by Lucinda Scala Quinn   - don't be fooled by the title, women will eat this food too, I promise, I've made four of her recipes already...DELICIOUS (and easy!)


7)  cookbook- Frank Stitt's Southern Table:  Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill  -because I loooove to cook good food and my mouth waters when I think about the time we dined at  another of his restaurants, Bottega in Birmingham.



8) did I mention boots???  (Hunter Wellies! in navy)






...so Santa baby, hurry down the chimney (although we have a gas fireplace) tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Boots must really be a hot item this Christmas! I asked for 2 pair! :) 1 being Frye boots, the other being a new pair of Uggs! :) Here's for wishful thinking! :) :) :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete